6-months extension, Extension Tax 4868, IRS form 4868

Download FREE Android App to e-file 4868

etDownload your FREE Android App to e-file your Income Tax Extension Form 4868, you may also use m.tax4868.com to e-file your extension request from your smart mobile and tablet. m.tax4868.com is compatible with all iPhone’s, iPad’s, Android Devices, BlackBerry phones, Windows Phones.

Try out now and e-file for Just $9.99 only

6-months extension, Extension Tax 4868, IRS form 4868

How To File A Tax Extension

The filing deadline for your personal income tax foe the tax year 2013 is April 15. If you need more time to prepare your return and have all the paper works done then file IRS Form 4868 the extension of time to file your taxes. You may be busy with work, relocation, school, family travel, an emergency, or you are working towards your documents, you can apply for a six-month filing extension by submitting the form 4868 to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Of course, there’s a deadline for that too, but the good news is that getting an extension is easier than you might think.

IRS Form 4868

If you need an extension of time to file your 2013 individual income tax return, you must file Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, no later than April 15, 2014 (fiscal year taxpayers must file by the original due date of the fiscal year return). Requesting an extension is free and relatively simple, and it can be done either electronically or on paper. Either way, you will fill out identification information (your name, address, social security number and your spouse’s social security number) and your individual income tax information (estimate of total tax liability for 2013, total payments you’ve already made, the balance due and the amount you are paying). There are also check boxes to indicate if you are a U.S. citizen or resident who is out of the country, and if you file Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ.

Like other tax forms, Form 4868 can be filed electronically through IRS Authorized e-file provider like http://www.ExtensionTax.com

More Time to File, Not More Time to Pay

It’s important to remember that the automatic extension gives you more time to file – not more time to pay. To avoid paying penalties and interest, you still have to pay your taxes by the original due date of your tax return (typically April 15). If you think you may owe tax when it comes time to file your return, you should estimate how much tax you will owe and subtract any amount that you have already paid (for example, through withholding on your paycheck). If your estimate is on the high side and you end up overpaying, you will be able to get a refund when you eventually file your return.

You can pay part or all of your estimated income tax online using a debit or credit card or through an electronic funds transfer. Even if you file electronically, you can mail a check or money order to make your tax payment. Make the check or money order payable to “United States Treasury” and include a completed Form 4868 to use as a voucher. You do not need to file a paper Form 4868 if you submitted one electronically and you are not mailing a payment.